Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Getting the ball rolling

So it's just under a week until classes begin and I am so excited!!! Finally after a year of dragging my brain through community college, I am going back to a university =]

I saw my advisor on Monday, took a tour of the building where I'll be spending the next year and a half of my life, and met with the man in charge of assigning all tech positions...and was assigned to the first show of the semester! I'll be one of three stage managers making sure the show runs smoothly. I'm finally back in the game and back where I belong.

I'm also all signed up for classes (16 hours) but I must say that I am a little nervous about my acting class. Being a transfer student as a junior and not knowing anyone is a little uncomfortable as is. Add memorization, stage directions, and performing in front of actual living and breathing humans has been complete torture in the past and I see no reason why this class will be any different. Oh well. My stage management class should be fun and I'm very excited to learn more about my future career!

Next on my list, actually find my classes instead of looking at a map and buy books!

No comments:

Post a Comment